We are seeking an engaging, experienced Program Manager for our Empire Programs. The Empire Programs Manager is responsible for directing, coordinating, overseeing, and evaluating the successful implementation of The Art Effect’s anticipated 12 Empire programs.
This position supervises between six and eight Teaching Artists/Assistant Teaching Artist teams. This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) position with health benefits and 401k option. Salary commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted up to and including October 1st, with interviews occurring the week after, with an anticipated program start date of October 15th.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Designing learner-centered, constructivist project-based learning units focusing on visual arts and media arts.
- Developing curriculum and assessment materials to create a reusable lesson archive.
- Leading teams of teachers in planning, implementing, and evaluating media/arts education curriculum for elementary and middle-school aged students and subbing in for teachers when needed.
- Managing program interns to oversee all production/post-production in programs.
- Assisting with professional development for teachers.
- Maintenance of attendance records, activity logs, and other administrative duties that may be relevant to program, along with liaising between parents, administrators, and The Art Effect.
- Grow the program’s reach and potential to better fulfill The Art Effect’s mission.
- Coaching teachers with regard to The Art Effect pedagogy and reflective/adaptive self-directed improvement.
- Upholding and training teachers in following site-specific disciplinary policies.
- Meeting weekly with teachers to help them gather supplies, paperwork, fine-tune day by day curriculum, answer questions, brainstorm big-picture directions.
- Meeting with on-site school literacy coaches to confer about linking after-school program to in-school curriculum/best practices for using media education to reinforce/strengthen literacy skills.
- Compiling/inputting/filing student paperwork, assessments, enrollment, and attendance info.
- Drafting outcomes reports, session-by-session, overview as well as site-by-site.
- Writing copy/organizing pictures for web updates and social media posts.
Requirements for Position
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, arts education, media arts, filmmaking/video production, visual arts, or a related field is required (a Master’s degree in education, arts education, or media production is preferred)
- The ability to juggle multiple overlapping high-stakes priorities at once
- A minimum of two years coordinating and directing a team, particularly teams working with children or youth
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated track record of effectively teaching a diverse range of learners
- A vision for sustaining and expanding The Art Effect’s transformative pedagogy across all Empire Programs
Please send cover letter, résumé, and work samples or sample lesson plans to firstname.lastname@example.org