The Art Effect’s COVID-19 Safety Plan(last updated 7/17/20)
To ensure safety for all of our students and their families, The Art Effect has worked hard to create summer programming environments which are safe, sanitary, and responsive to the shifting needs of these uncertain times.
In addition to securing the safety of our employees in accordance with directives issued by the NYS Governor’s Office, The Art Effect is providing the safest in-person programming experiences possible for the students and families we serve with the plan laid out below.
This is a living document. As new requirements and policies are put in place we will update our safety plan accordingly and provide due notice to the families of young artists enrolled in our programming.
Our daily routines include:
- Car drop-off only admission, in adherence with the following: Parents/guardians pull up and students undergo a safety check and screening before entering the building and before the parent/guardian’s car pulls away.
- Masks required: we ask that parents/guardians provide masks for their own children. A supply of masks are be on hand for extenuating circumstances.
- Pre-entrance screening process includes:
- Temperature check with no-contact thermometer
- Health screening questionnaire, asking about
- COVID-19 symptoms in past 14 days,
- positive COVID-19 test in past 14 days, and/or
- close contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.