The Art Effect’s COVID-19 Safety Plan(last updated 2/19/21)
To ensure safety for all of our students and their families, The Art Effect has worked hard to create programming environments which are safe, sanitary, and responsive to the shifting needs of these uncertain times.
In addition to securing the safety of our employees in accordance with directives issued by the NYS Governor’s Office, The Art Effect is providing the safest in-person programming experiences possible for the students and families we serve with the plan laid out below.
This is a living document. As new requirements and policies are put in place we will update our safety plan accordingly and provide due notice to the families of young artists enrolled in our programming.
Our daily routines include:
- Masks required: we ask that parents/guardians provide masks for their own children. A supply of masks are be on hand for extenuating circumstances.
- Pre-entrance screening process includes:
- Temperature check with no-contact thermometer, followed by a health screening questionnaire for individuals with elevated temperatures.
- If a child has a temperature higher than 100° F, the child will be asked not to enter and to go get tested and will not be allowed back until they have obtained negative test results
- If a student or students’ immediate family member (with whom they have daily contact) tests positive for COVID-19, we will immediately notify state and local health departments and cooperate with contact tracing efforts, including notification of potential contacts, such as workers or visitors who had close contact with the individual, while maintaining confidentiality required by state and federal law and regulations.
- Everyone wears a mask while inside the facility
- Everyone wears a mask while outside if students cannot be more than 6 feet apart
- Everyone sanitizes or washes hands before and after each class/activity
- Seated activities are conducted with circular seating spaced 6 feet
- Standing activities are conducted with students stationed at least 6 feet apart.
- Students primarily use supplies from individual supply kits and do not use shared supplies.
- In cases where shared supplies cannot be avoided, all supplies are disinfected between uses.
- All tools, supplies, surfaces, and seating gets deep-cleaned at the end of the day