The Art Effect is committed to advancing young people’s journey from learning to leadership by engaging them in transformative practices in the arts and media that build future careers and foster personal development.
We are committed to evaluating our short- and long-term impact in a variety of ways, and we are proud to be a national Listen for Good grantee to help us collect and apply feedback from the people we serve. Click here for more information on Listen for Good
The Art Effect seeks to achieve high, sustainable impact. Our goals are ambitious — and our students are, too! Our goals for youth participants include:
- 100% who complete our sequential programs will graduate from high school
- 100% will create and post a portfolio of work online
- 100% of those who complete our sequential program and apply for admission to college will enter a 2 or 4-year institution
- 100% of those who complete the Art Institute will receive a scholarship
- 100% of those who complete our sequential program will secure employment within 1 year after they graduate from high school or enter college
The Art Effect has pages of stories of past participants who believe that our programs changed their life and gave them direction and hope for the future—that is our largest impact.
“It has become the most amazing experience and most fun that I have ever had in my entire life.”
“I’m feeling amazing and so proud of myself…I realize this program gave me strength, hope, and stability.”
“Now that we’re at the end, I’m feeling smart and accomplished.”